The Dickinson Law Review
is a student-run journal serving the legal community by presenting analysis and commentary on relevant topics.
For 112 years, our law review was published solely from the Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. In 2003, several years after the Dickinson School of Law and the Pennsylvania State University merged to form the Pennsylvania State University’s Dickinson School of Law, the unified law review began publishing under the Penn State Law Review
name. In 2016, when the two Pennsylvania State University law school campuses split to form two separately accredited law schools, the journal at the Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle returned to its proud heritage under the Dickinson Law Review
title, while the journal at the University Park campus resumed publication as the Penn State Law Review
The Dickinson Law Review was published under several names throughout its storied history:
- The Forum (1897–1908): Vols. 1–12
- Dickinson Law Review (1908–2003): Vols. 13–107
- Penn State Law Review (2003–2017): Vols. 108–121
- Dickinson Law Review (2017-Present): Vols. 122 onwards
See About Dickinson Law Review
for more information about the history of the law review.
Michael Slobom, Editor-in-Chief of Volume 123, provides his insight into the inaugural issue of the Dickinson Law Review
in this discussion
The Forum - Volume 12, 1907-1908